The quest for quality education has always been a prime concern for students and their guardians. Scholarships play a pivotal role in aiding meritorious and economically backward students to chase their dreams. One such notable initiative is the Aikyashree Scholarship.
This guide sheds light on everything you need to know about this scheme for the academic years 2024-2025.
Aikyashree Scholarship Overview
The Aikyashree Scholarship aims at uplifting students belonging to the minority communities of the region. It’s not just a financial aid but a movement to bridge the gap between dreams and realities. The scholarship intends to reduce the dropout rate among the minority students and support them to pursue higher studies.
List of Scholarships Under Aikyashree
The Aikyashree Scholarship isn’t just one award but encompasses various schemes targeted at different educational levels:
- Pre-matric Scholarship
- Post-matric Scholarship
- Merit-cum-Means Scholarship for Professional and Technical Courses
Benefits of the Aikyashree Scholarship
- Financial Aid: Students get a considerable amount to cover their tuition fees, books, and other educational necessities.
- Inclusive Growth: It ensures the socio-economic development of minority students.
- Reduced Dropout Rates: With financial burdens addressed, students can now continue their education without hindrances.
Scholarship Structure and Application Process
Each scholarship under Aikyashree has a unique structure:
- Pre-matric Scholarship: For students from Class I to X.
- Post-matric Scholarship: For students from Class XI to Ph.D.
- Merit-cum-Means Scholarship: Specifically for students pursuing technical or professional courses at the undergraduate or postgraduate level.
Eligibility Requirements for Aikyashree Scholarship
- The applicant must belong to a minority community (as defined and listed by the government).
- For the Merit-cum-Means scholarship, the student must have secured at least 50% marks in the previous final examination.
- Annual family income restrictions apply, which vary depending on the scholarship type.
Aikyashree Scholarship Worth
The worth of the scholarship varies based on the level of study and specific scholarship. It generally covers tuition fees, maintenance allowance, and admission fees, among others. Aikyashree scholarship amount ranges from Rs. 300 to Rs. 1000 per month in this program.
How to Apply for Aikyashree Scholarship
Applications are made online through the official Aikyashree portal. Once on the portal:
- Register using relevant details.
- Fill out the application form accurately.
- Upload required documents.
- Submit the application.
Aikyashree Scholarship Application Deadline for 2024
The application window typically opens in August and closes by October 31, 2023
Important Tips for a Successful Application
- Ensure all details provided are accurate.
- Keep scanned copies of all required documents handy.
- Cross-check eligibility criteria for each scholarship type before applying.
- Keep track of the application’s status on the portal.
Who can apply for the Aikyashree Scholarship?
Students belonging to minority communities and fulfilling the specific criteria for each scholarship type.
Is there an offline mode of application?
No, applications are accepted only through the official online portal.
What’s the renewal process?
Renewal criteria differ for each scholarship but generally involve securing a certain percentage in the previous academic year.
Can one student avail multiple scholarships under Aikyashree?
No, a student can avail only one scholarship at a time.
What if the student fails in the examination during the course?
The scholarship can be discontinued or put on hold based on specific terms and conditions.