If you’re a scholar aspiring to get fully funded education through scholarship in 2024/25 session, you’ve landed on the right place. The Commonwealth Shared Scholarship program offers not only financial support but also a transformative educational experience that can shape your future in profound ways.
We all know that embarking on a journey of higher education, enriched by diverse cultures and a global perspective, is a dream many students aspire to fulfill.
So, this article will reveal all you need to know from application processes to eligibility requirements and the deadline. So, let’s walk through the opportunity of a lifetime and discover how you can make your dreams a reality through this esteemed scholarship.
What is Commonwealth Shared Scholarship?
The Commonwealth Shared Scholarship Scheme (CSS) is a program offering fully funded Master’s scholarships to talented individuals from developing Commonwealth countries. The scholarships are designed to support sustainable development in the scholar’s home country by providing them with the knowledge and skills they need to make a positive impact.
Benefits of Commonwealth Shared Scholarship
- Fully funded tuition fees: The CSS covers the full tuition fees for the scholar’s chosen Master’s program at a participating UK university. This can save scholars thousands of pounds in tuition costs.
- Monthly stipend: Scholars are granted a monthly allowance to support their living costs while studying in the UK.
- Travel to and from the UK: The CSS covers the cost of economy air travel to and from the UK for the scholar. This includes travel for the scholar’s spouse and dependent children, if applicable.
- Settling-in allowance: Scholars receive a settling-in allowance of £500 to help them with the initial costs of living in the UK.
- Academic study support: Scholars can access various academic study support services to help them succeed. These services may include academic advising, English language support, and study skills workshops.
- Chick-fil-A Scholarship 2024 – 2025 | Requirements, Benefits And Application Process
- Top 20 Most Prestigious Scholarships in Europe
- 20 Masters Scholarships in Italy for International Students 2024
- Stanford University Masters Programs 2024 (Full List)
Eligibility Criteria for Commonwealth Shared Scholarship?
To qualify for a Commonwealth Shared Scholarship (CSS), you must satisfy the following requirements.
- Nationality: You must be a citizen of a developing Commonwealth country.
- Academic Qualifications: You must have a first degree with a minimum upper second-class (2:1) honors standard or an equivalent qualification.
- Work Experience: After completing your first degree, you must have at least two years of relevant work experience.
- Commitment to Return: You must be committed to returning to your home country upon completing your studies and applying the knowledge and skills you have gained to contribute to the development of your country.
- Additional Requirements: In addition to the above, you may also be required to meet specific requirements set by your nominated institution. These may include English language proficiency requirements, Specific academic requirements for your chosen course of study.
How to apply for Commonwealth Shared Scholarships
Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to apply for Commonwealth Shared Scholarships (CSS):
- Check Eligibility: Determine if you meet the eligibility criteria, including citizenship, academic qualifications, work experience, commitment to return, and age limit.
- Choose a Nominating Institution: Select a participating UK university that offers your desired Master’s program and is willing to nominate you for the CSS.
- Register with the Commonwealth Scholarship Commission (CSC): Create an account on the Commonwealth Scholarship Commission‘s online application system (EAS).
- Complete the CSS Application Form: Fill out the CSS application form comprehensively, providing details about your educational background, work experience, development goals, and personal qualities.
- Gather Supporting Documents: Collect and upload the required supporting documents, such as transcripts, degree certificates, work experience letters, English language proficiency test scores, and references.
- Submit Your Application: Submit your fully filled application form and supporting documents by the specified deadline.
Commonwealth Shared Scholarships Amount
Each scholarship includes the coverage of approved tuition and examination fees, provides approved round-trip airfare from your home country to the UK upon completing your award, and offers a stipend at a rate of £1,347 monthly (or £1,652 per month for students enrolled at universities in the London metropolitan area, based on current rates), warm clothing allowance, thesis grant, study travel grant, and excess baggage allowance, among other benefits.
Application deadline for Commonwealth Shared Scholarships 2024
The application submission deadline is 16:00 GMT on Thursday, 14 December 2023. The scholarships are for study in the UK beginning in September/October 2024.
Commonwealth Shared Scholarships is a program representing a transformative opportunity to chart your path to academic excellence and global understanding. This article has provided you with the knowledge you need to pursue this opportunity.
When you apply for the Commonwealth Shared Scholarship, remember that this is not just about securing funding for your education but about becoming part of a diverse and vibrant community of scholars from around the world. It’s a chance to engage with different cultures, broaden your horizons, and make a lasting impact in your field and beyond.