Moshal Scholarship Program is a prestigious scholarship program that provides financial support to talented South African students pursuing undergraduate and postgraduate studies in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics) or Commerce fields.
The Moshal Scholarship Program could be the perfect opportunity for you to take your studies to the next level.
This comprehensive scholarship program provides financial support, mentorship, and career guidance to help scholars achieve their academic and professional goals.
What is The Moshal Scholarship?
The Moshal Scholarship Program is a transformative initiative that identifies and nurtures exceptional South African students from disadvantaged backgrounds. Established in 1998, the program has been instrumental in shaping the futures of thousands of individuals, empowering them to pursue their academic aspirations in the fields of science, technology, engineering, mathematics (STEM), commerce, and accounting.
The Moshal Scholarship is a merit-based scholarship program that provides financial support, mentorship, and career guidance to academically talented South African students. The program’s primary objective is to alleviate financial burdens, enabling students to focus on their studies without the constant worry of financial constraints.
The Moshal Scholarship is a full-tuition scholarship that covers the cost of tuition, accommodation, books, and other study-related expenses. The scholarship also provides a monthly stipend for living expenses.
Types of Moshal Scholarships
The Moshal Scholarship Program offers two main types of scholarships:
Undergraduate Scholarships: These scholarships are available to students pursuing undergraduate studies in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics) or Commerce fields. The scholarship covers the full cost of tuition, accommodation, books, and other study-related expenses. Additionally, undergraduate scholars receive a monthly stipend for living expenses.
Postgraduate Scholarships: These scholarships are available to students pursuing postgraduate studies in STEM or Commerce fields. The scholarship covers the full cost of tuition and provides a monthly stipend for living expenses. Postgraduate scholars may also be eligible for additional research funding.
The Benefits of The Moshal Scholarship
The Moshal Scholarship provides a number of benefits to scholars, including:
- Financial support: The scholarship covers full tuition fees, accommodation, meals, textbooks, and stipends for living expenses.
- Academic support: Scholars receive academic support from dedicated mentors and tutors.
- Mentorship: Scholars are paired with mentors who provide guidance and support throughout their studies.
- Career guidance: Scholars receive career guidance to help them find internships and jobs after graduation.
Eligibility Requirements for Moshal Scholarship
The Moshal Scholarship Program aims to provide financial support and mentorship to students pursuing higher education in South Africa. Eligibility criteria may vary slightly depending on the specific Moshal Scholarship program or university partner, but here are the typical eligibility requirements for the Moshal Scholarship:
- South African Citizenship: Generally, applicants must be South African citizens or have permanent residency status in South Africa. Some programs may consider international students if they meet specific criteria.
- Financial Need: Applicants should demonstrate financial need, typically through the completion of a comprehensive financial assessment form. This form evaluates the applicant’s family income, expenses, and other financial circumstances.
- Academic Merit: While specific academic requirements may vary, applicants are usually required to have a strong academic record and meet minimum academic criteria set by the Moshal Scholarship program. This often includes achieving a certain grade point average (GPA) or obtaining specific scores in relevant standardized tests.
- University Acceptance: Applicants must secure admission to a partnering South African university or educational institution. Scholarship recipients are usually enrolled in undergraduate degree programs, but some programs may support postgraduate studies as well.
- Letter of Recommendation: Applicants may be asked to provide letters of recommendation from teachers, mentors, or community leaders who can attest to their character and potential for success.
- Personal Statement: Many Moshal Scholarship applications require a personal statement or essay where applicants can express their motivations, aspirations, and how the scholarship will benefit them.
- Age Restrictions: Some Moshal Scholarships may have age restrictions, typically targeting younger students, but there are exceptions for postgraduate programs.
It’s important to note that the eligibility criteria may evolve over time, and each Moshal Scholarship program may have its own specific requirements. Therefore, applicants should refer to the official Moshal Scholarship website or contact the scholarship provider directly to get the most up-to-date information on eligibility criteria, application deadlines, and application procedures.
How to Apply for Moshal Scholarship
To apply for the Moshal Scholarship, follow these steps:
Check Eligibility Requirements: Ensure you meet the eligibility criteria, including being a South African citizen, pursuing a degree in an eligible field, and having a strong academic record.
Prepare Application Documents: Gather the necessary documents, including your ID document, parents’ or guardians’ ID documents, proof of household income, proof of acceptance or provisional acceptance from your university, Grade 11 November results, Grade 12 June results, NBT Scores (if available), and proof of application for other funding (screenshot).
Create an Online Account: Visit the Moshal Scholarship Trust website and create an online account.
Complete Application Form: Access the application form and fill in all required information accurately and thoroughly.
Upload Application Documents: Upload the required documents to the designated sections of the application form.
Submit Application: Review your application carefully and ensure all information is complete and correct. Once satisfied, submit your application.
Application Deadline: The Moshal Scholarship application deadline is typically in March each year. Refer to the official Moshal Scholarship Trust website for the specific deadline for the upcoming year.
Selection Process: The Moshal Scholarship Program undergoes a rigorous selection process, considering academic merit, leadership potential, community involvement, and overall suitability for the program.
Scholarship Notification: Successful applicants will receive notification of their acceptance typically within a few months after the application deadline.
Accept Scholarship Offer: If you are offered the Moshal Scholarship, accept the offer promptly and provide the required documentation to finalize the award.
- Millennium Scholarship 2024-25 Application, Requirements and Deadline
- MYSY Scholarship 2024/2025 | Application, Eligibility and Last Date
- 20 Masters Scholarships in Italy for International Students 2024
- CCB Scholarship 2024 | Application, Eligibility, and Last Date
Moshal Scholarship Amount
The Moshal Scholarship is a full scholarship that covers full tuition fees, accommodation, meals, textbooks, and stipends for living expenses. The total value of the scholarship is over R1 million per year.
Moshal Scholarship Application Deadline for 2024
The deadline for applications for the 2024 Moshal Scholarship is 31 March 2024.
Does Moshal Increase Acceptance Rate?
The acceptance rate for the Moshal Scholarship Program is approximately 3%.
The Moshal Scholarship Program stands as a beacon of hope for aspiring South African students seeking to excel in STEM or Commerce fields.
This remarkable program not only provides financial assistance but also offers invaluable mentorship, career guidance, and networking opportunities.
The Moshal Scholarship Program represents more than just financial support; it is an investment in the future of South Africa.
By nurturing talented individuals like yourself, the program is paving the way for a brighter tomorrow filled with innovation, progress, and prosperity.
What documents do I need to submit with my application?
You will need to submit the following documents with your application:
- Completed application form.
- Copy of your ID document
- Copy of your parents’ or guardians’ ID documents
- Proof of your household income
- Proof of acceptance or provisional acceptance from your university
- Grade 11 November results
- Grade 12 June results
- NBT Scores, if available
- Proof of application for other funding (screenshot)
What are the selection criteria for the Moshal Scholarship?
The Moshal Scholarship Program undergoes a rigorous selection process, considering academic merit, leadership potential, community involvement, and overall suitability for the program.
What can I do to increase my chances of being accepted for the Moshal Scholarship?
There are a number of things you can do to increase your chances of being accepted for the Moshal Scholarship, such as:
- Maintaining a strong academic record
- Demonstrating a strong commitment to community service
- Getting involved in extracurricular activities.
- Preparing a well-written application essay
What are the additional benefits of the Moshal Scholarship?
In addition to financial support, Moshal Scholars receive a range of benefits, including:
- Mentorship from experienced professionals
- Career guidance and support
- Networking opportunities with industry leaders
- Leadership development training
- Access to exclusive events and workshops