Scholarship opportunities like the PM Yasasvi Scholarship for the 2024-25 academic year are crucial for nurturing the educational aspirations of young students in India. As part of the PM Young Achievers Scholarship Award Scheme for Vibrant India, it targets the academically inclined students from the Other Backward Class (OBC), Economically Backward Classes (EBC), and De-Notified, Nomadic & Semi-Nomadic Tribes (DNT).
We will look at the application process, eligibility requirements, and important deadlines, offering a thorough guide for students in Classes 9 and 11 who are seeking financial assistance to continue their education. Join us in uncovering the details of this empowering scholarship program.
Overview of Yasasvi Scholarship
The Yasasvi Scholarship, officially known as the PM Young Achievers Scholarship Award Scheme for Vibrant India (PM YASASVI), is a Central Government initiative under the Department of Social Justice and Empowerment, Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment, India. It is designed to provide financial support to students from Other Backward Class (OBC), Economically Backward Classes (EBC), and De-Notified, Nomadic & Semi-Nomadic Tribes (DNT) categories.
The scholarship targets students in Class 9 and Class 11, offering them financial aid based on their performance in the YASASVI entrance test (YET) conducted by the National Testing Agency (NTA). The scheme aims to cover the school tuition and hostel fees of the selected students, thus supporting their educational growth
Yasasvi Scholarship Benefits
The scholarship provides significant financial support to the recipients:
- Students in Class 9 and 10 receive up to ₹75,000 annually.
- Students in Class 11 and 12 receive ₹1,25,000 annually. These funds are designated to cover tuition and housing costs.
Yasasvi Scholarship Amount
As mentioned above, the scholarship amount varies based on the class of the student, with the maximum amounts being ₹75,000 for Class 9/10 students and ₹1,25,000 for Class 11/12 students.
Eligibility Requirements for Yasasvi Scholarship
To be eligible, applicants must:
- Be an Indian national belonging to OBC, EBC, or DNT category.
- Attend a ‘Top Class School’ as recognized by the Central Government.
- Have passed Class 8 or 10 in the previous academic year, for Class 9 and 11 scholarships, respectively.
- Have a family income not exceeding ₹2.5 lakhs per annum.
- Meet the specific age criteria for each class level.
- Score at least 35% in the YASASVI entrance test.
How To Apply:
The application process involves:
- Online registration with a valid email ID and mobile number: https://yet.nta.ac.in/frontend/web/
- Filling the online application form with mandatory Aadhar/UID Number.
- Uploading required documents: recent passport size photo, signature, Aadhar Card, Family Income Certificate, Category Certificate, and PwD certificate, if applicable.
- Selecting four cities as exam centers. After submission, applicants should keep a printout of the application form for their records.
The following documents are required for applying to the Yasasvi Scholarship:
- Mark sheet of the previous class examination
- Income certificate
- Caste certificate
- Domicile certificate
- Self-attested passport-size photograph
- Haryana Chatravriti Scholarship 2024-25 | Application, Eligibility, Amount and Last Date
- Bihar Graduation Scholarship 2024 – 2025 | Apply Now
- Caulfield Grammar Scholarship 2024 | Online Application, Amount and Date
- Yale University Scholarships For International Students 2024 (Fully Funded)
The selection of Yasasvi Scholars is based on a merit-cum-means basis. Students are shortlisted based on their academic performance and financial need. Shortlisted candidates are then called for an interview.
It’s important for prospective applicants to regularly check the official website or relevant government notifications for the most up-to-date information regarding the application period and other key dates for the Yasasvi Scholarship 2024-25 as the exact date is yet to be announced.
The PM Yasasvi Scholarship for the academic year 2024-25 stands as a pivotal initiative in India’s educational landscape, particularly for students from OBC, EBC, and DNT backgrounds. It not only provides financial assistance but also opens up new horizons for young minds who are determined to pursue their academic goals despite financial constraints. As we have explored the application process, eligibility criteria, and important deadlines, it’s clear that this scholarship is a significant step towards inclusive and equitable education.
For eligible students, this opportunity is not just about financial support; it’s a gateway to a brighter future, fueled by the power of education. We encourage all eligible students to seize this chance and embark on a journey of academic excellence with the Yasasvi Scholarship.
Q: Who is eligible for the Yasasvi Scholarship?
A: The scholarship is open to Indian nationals from the OBC, EBC, and DNT categories, who are studying in Class 9 or 11 in a recognized ‘Top Class School’.
Q: What is the scholarship amount?
A: Class 9 and 10 students can receive up to ₹75,000 per year, while Class 11 and 12 students are eligible for up to ₹1,25,000 per year.
Q: How is the scholarship awarded?
A: Selection is based on merit in the YASASVI Entrance Test (YET) conducted by the National Testing Agency.
Q: What documents are required for the application?
A: Applicants need a valid mobile number, Aadhar Number, Aadhar linked Bank Account, Income Certificate, and Caste Certificate.
Q: When is the application deadline for the 2024-25 session?
A: The exact deadline for the 2024-25 session has not been announced yet. The 2023 session had applications open from 11th July to 10th August, which might serve as a reference.
Q: Is there any fee for the entrance exam?
A: No, there is no fee to appear for the YASASVI entrance test.
For the most current and detailed information, applicants should always refer to the official website or relevant government notifications.